Praying God’s Word Day-by-Day – Beth Moore – August 15, entire prayer (emphasis mine)
I love You, O Lord, my strength! You are my Rock, my Fortress, and my Deliverer; You, my God, are my Rock, in whom I take refuge. You are my Shield and the horn of my salvation, my Stronghold! I call to You, O Lord, who is worthy of praise, and I am saved from my enemies! (Ps. 18:1-3).
You, O Lord, keep my lamp burning; You turn my darkness into light. With Your help I can advance against a troop; with You, my God, I can scale a wall!
As for You, my God, Your way is perfect; Your Word is flawless. You are a shield for all who take refuge in You (Ps. 18:28-30).
Jesus Calling – Sarah Young – August 15, entire entry (emphasis mine)
I am the God of all time and all that is. Seek Me not only in the morning quietness but consistently throughout the day. Do not let unexpected problems distract you from My Presence. Instead, talk with Me about everything, and watch confidently to see what I will do.
Adversity need not interrupt your communion with Me. When things go “wrong,” you tend to react as if you’re being punished. Instead of this negative response, try to view difficulties as blessings in disguise. Make Me your Refuge by pouring out your heart to Me, trusting in Me at all times.
- Coffee with God – Sacred Joy and Cheerful Expectations – August 11 (pilgrimwanderings.wordpress.com)
- A Slave Only to God (pilgrimwanderings.wordpress.com)
- Coffee with God – August 6 (pilgrimwanderings.wordpress.com)
- Coffee with God – Songs in the Night – August 9 (pilgrimwanderings.wordpress.com)
- 31 Thoughts from Streams in the Desert – July in Review (pilgrimwanderings.wordpress.com)
- Oaks of Righteousness Need Rain to Grow – Coffee with God – August 13 (pilgrimwanderings.wordpress.com)