Where a beautiful crowd spends five minutes all writing on the same topic and then sharing ‘em over here.
Are you ready?
Wow. Really? Join? That’s the word for today?
I feel like I’ve written this sentence recently. Like last Friday.
Seeing that word pop up today was kind of like a punch in the gut. The first thing that flew through my mind, unstoppable, were the words “What God has joined together, let no one separate.”
Except that sometimes, they do. People make choices to break vows and unjoin themselves from spouses and families and God.
But I don’t want to dwell on what man has separated today.
Instead, I will focus on what God has and WILL join together.
For you created my inmost being; you knit me together in my mother’s womb. Psalm 139:12-14
He heals the brokenhearted and binds up their wounds. Psalm 147:2-4
ME AND OTHER BELIEVERS.
In the same way we who are many are one body in Christ and individually members of one another.
And most importantly, awesomely, amazingly,
ME AND HIM.
Don’t you yourselves know that you are God’s sanctuary and that the SpiritofGod lives in you? 1 Corinthians 3:15-17
And no one will be able to separate me from Him, because He has joined us together and cannot go back on His Word.
For I am persuaded that not even death or life,
angels or rulers,
things present or things to come, hostile powers,
height or depth, or any other created thing
will have the power to separate us
from the love of God that is in Christ Jesus our Lord!
Wanna play? Here’s how:
1. Write for 5 minutes flat – no editing, no over thinking, no backtracking.
2. Link back here and invite others to join in.
3. And then absolutely, no ifs, ands or buts about it, you need to visit the person who linked up before you & encourage them in their comments.
- CONNECT – Five-Minute Fridays (jancoxabetterway.wordpress.com)
- Five Minute Friday: Beyond (jaggedgracecreations.wordpress.com)
- Five Minute Friday: Enough (graceformymess.com)
- Five Minute Friday: Connect (pilgrimwanderings.wordpress.com)
- Five Minute Friday: Stretch (pilgrimwanderings.wordpress.com)