A Prayer for Mercy
For the choir director: with stringed instruments, according to Sheminith. A Davidic psalm.
1 Lord, do not rebuke me in Your anger;
do not discipline me in Your wrath.
2 Be gracious to me, Lord, for I am weak;
heal me, Lord, for my bones are shaking;
3 my whole being is shaken with terror.
And You, Lord—how long?
4 Turn, Lord! Rescue me;
save me because of Your faithful love.
5 For there is no remembrance of You in death;
who can thank You in Sheol?
6 I am weary from my groaning;
with my tears I dampen my pillow
and drench my bed every night.
7 My eyes are swollen from grief;
they grow old because of all my enemies.
8 Depart from me, all evildoers,
for the Lord has heard the sound of my weeping.
9 The Lord has heard my plea for help;
the Lord accepts my prayer.
10 All my enemies will be ashamed and shake with terror;
they will turn back and suddenly be disgraced.
- Sunday Simplicity – Psalm 5 (pilgrimwanderings.wordpress.com)
- Sunday Simplicity – Psalm 4 (pilgrimwanderings.wordpress.com)
- Sunday Simplicity – Psalm 3 (pilgrimwanderings.wordpress.com)
- Sunday Simplicity – Psalm 2 (pilgrimwanderings.wordpress.com)
- Sunday Simplicity: Psalm 1 (pilgrimwanderings.wordpress.com)