I just LOVE that the Holman translation uses Yahweh in it.
Prayer for Justice
3 Yahweh my God, if I have done this,
if there is injustice on my hands,
4 if I have done harm to one at peace with me
or have plundered[e] my adversary without cause,
5 may an enemy pursue and overtake me;
may he trample me to the ground
and leave my honor in the dust.Selah
6 Rise up, Lord, in Your anger;
lift Yourself up against the fury of my adversaries;
awake for me;[f]
You have ordained[g] a judgment.
7 Let the assembly of peoples gather around You;
take Your seat[h] on high over it.
8 The Lord judges the peoples;
vindicate me, Lord,
according to my righteousness and my integrity.[i]
9 Let the evil of the wicked come to an end,
but establish the righteous.
The One who examines the thoughts and emotions[j]
is a righteous God.
10 My shield is with[k] God,
who saves the upright in heart.
11 God is a righteous judge
and a God who shows His wrath every day.
14 See, the wicked one is pregnant with evil,
conceives trouble, and gives birth to deceit.
15 He dug a pit and hollowed it out
but fell into the hole he had made.
16 His trouble comes back on his own head,
and his violence falls on the top of his head.
17 I will thank the Lord for His righteousness;
I will sing about the name of Yahweh the Most High.
- Sunday Simplicity – Psalm 6 (pilgrimwanderings.wordpress.com)
- Sunday Simplicity – Psalm 5 (pilgrimwanderings.wordpress.com)
- Sunday Simplicity – Psalm 4 (pilgrimwanderings.wordpress.com)
- Sunday Simplicity – Psalm 3 (pilgrimwanderings.wordpress.com)
- Sunday Simplicity – Psalm 2 (pilgrimwanderings.wordpress.com)
- Sunday Simplicity: Psalm 1 (pilgrimwanderings.wordpress.com)