So, here’s the skinny: every Friday for over a year hundreds of people join a kind of writing flash mob over here.
We write for five minutes flat. All on the same prompt that Lisa Jo posts at 1 minute past midnight EST every Friday. And we connect on Twitter with the hashtag #FiveMinuteFriday
No extreme editing; no worrying about perfect grammar, font, or punctuation.
Unscripted. Unedited. Real.
Are you ready
LOOK around you.
I am here.
Always have been.
Always will be.
Taking care of you. LOOKing out for you. Watching over you.
That unexpected income deposited in your checking account exactly when you needed it?
That was Me.
The free oil change for single moms happening right when your oil change light came on?
Remember the $25 gift card promo that ‘just happened’ to be running when you switched office supply vendors?
Remember the $10 gift card promo for each Sam’s Club renewal exactly when you were renewing both yours and your boss’s company memberships, and that she told you to keep?
Remember the email you got about the $50 bonus for Shop Your Way Personal Shoppers when clients order $500 or more by October 31st? Remember the VERY NEXT DAY when your boss told you to order a new refrigerator for the breakroom from Sears? And it cost $550?
And the old refrigerator that worked just fine? Remember your boss saying to take it if you want it?
Stop LOOKing at your problems and worrying about what might or might not happen long enough to LOOK AT HOW I AM TAKING CARE OF YOU.
LOOK at how I have provided EXACTLY what you need EXACTLY when you need it. No more. No less.
LOOK to Me. I am the Author and Perfector of your faith. Not you. Not your circumstances. ME. I will show Myself faithful.
Your job is only to keep LOOKing at Me.
I’ll take care of the rest.
Wanna play? Here’s how:
1. Write for 5 minutes flat – no editing, no over thinking, no backtracking.
2. Link back here and invite others to join in.
3. And then absolutely, no ifs, ands or buts about it, you need to visit the person who linked up before you & encourage them in their comments.
- Always (pilgrimwanderings.wordpress.com)
- Five Minute Friday: Look (joycannis.wordpress.com)
- Look: #FiveMinuteFriday Meets the Parent Trap Meets Kite Flying… (juliejordanscott.typepad.com)