So, here’s the skinny: every Friday for over a year hundreds of people join a kind of writing flash mob over here.
We write for five minutes flat. All on the same prompt that Lisa Jo posts at 1 minute past midnight EST every Friday. And we connect on Twitter with the hashtag #FiveMinuteFriday
No extreme editing; no worrying about perfect grammar, font, or punctuation.
Unscripted. Unedited. Real.
Are you ready
What a prompt.
Honestly, if I had gotten that prompt a few months ago when I first came across Five Minute Friday, I probably wouldn’t have been able to even THINK about writing a post on it. Even now my throat is tight and I can feel tears starting.
Because the first thing that comes to mind is me begging my husband to stay.
To fight for us.
To fight for our family.
To not throw 17 years away from something fleeting just because it was new and exciting.
And him leaving anyway.
Followed by friends and soon-to-be-former family who decided not to stay, too.
I guess that was easier for them.
But then I am reminded of God speaking clearly and distinctly to me during that time, telling me to STAY.
“Don’t run after him this time. Stay here beside Me. Your job, your purpose, is to pursue Me. This time, you have to let him go. You stay. I will strengthen you. I will uphold you with my righteous right hand. I, the LORD God, am your husband. Stay here beside Me, close to Me, and I will heal your broken heart and bind up your wounds. I will restore to you the joy of your salvation. You will see me to do great and marvelous things on your behalf. But you have to STAY FOCUSED ON ME if you are to receive My strength and healing.”
So I stayed.
And God stayed with me.
And the healing has come.
It’s not complete yet, by any means.
But it will be.
Because God will STAY and finish the work He has begun in me.
Wanna play? Here’s how:
1. Write for 5 minutes flat – no editing, no over thinking, no backtracking.
2. Link back here and invite others to join in.
3. And then absolutely, no ifs, ands or buts about it, you need to visit the person who linked up before you & encourage them in their comments.
- Five Minute Friday: Stay. Stay? Stay! Stay….. (juliejordanscott.typepad.com)
- STAY ~ Five Minute Friday (simplystriving.wordpress.com)
- Five Minute Friday: STAY (joleneybean.wordpress.com)
- Five Minute Friday: Stay (sheensteve.wordpress.com)