Been feeling stressed and anxious lately because I’m BEYOND ready for certain things to be over and done with so I can really move forward into the NEW. Today’s Jesus Calling devo came right on time. Looking back, I can see how the time this is taking has ultimately been for my benefit.
But waiting in limbo is hard.
From Jesus Calling – Sarah Young
Much, much stress results from your wanting to make things happen before their times have come. One of the main ways I assert My sovereignty is in the timing of events. If you want to stay close to Me and do things My way, ask Me to show you the path forward moment by moment. Instead of dashing headlong toward your goal, let Me set the pace. Slow down, and enjoy the journey in My Presence.
It’s difficult to know when to act, and when to just sit and wait. I guess all I can really do is pray about it, and seek the counsel of others who are wise and strong in the faith. Then act if I feel compelled to do so, and wait if I don’t.
Even in the waiting, though, I need to be diligent about making sure my spiritual walk is moving forward, even if my earthly walk is at a standstill. I want to always be moving forward with Him, and never going backward to where I used to be.
Big decisions coming up in the next few weeks. Whether you are a regular visitor, or just stumbled across my blog today, I’d appreciate your prayers on my behalf for wisdom, patience, and peace.
That I won’t rush into anything that isn’t His will.
That I won’t fall back into old habits or ways of thinking.
That I will listen to His voice and His words spoken over me, and not those of the enemy trying to steal my hope and confidence.
That I won’t try to project into the future by worrying about or focusing on what may or may not happen
That I won’t ascribe things or feelings to other people by projecting my thoughts and imagined conversations on them when I don’t know what they are thinking.
That I will take things one day at a time, daring to find joy in each day by focusing my eyes and my attention on my 1000 gifts and the Giver of them all.
“But blessed is the one who trusts in the Lord, whose confidence is in Him.
They will be like a tree planted by the water that sends out its roots by the stream.
It does not fear when heat comes; its leaves are always green.
It has no worries in a year of drought and never fails to bear fruit.”
– Jeremiah 17:7-8
Do not be anxious about anything,
but in every situation, by prayer and petition,
with thanksgiving, present your requests to God.
And the peace of God, which transcends all understanding,
will guard your hearts and your minds in Christ Jesus.
– Philippians 4:6-7
My 1000 Gifts in 2013
7. New RAM for my laptop!
8. The genius of C. S. Lewis.
9. The amazing truths in Mere Christianity
10. Doctor Who marathon with my boy.
11. The privilege and responsibility of teaching the Gospel Project to high school girls
12. Hanging out with the FBC media crew on Sunday mornings.
13. Double coupons and BOGO deals at Publix. (Yay!)
14. Getting back together with my home group after the holiday break and great fellowship and friends I have there.
15. Lunch from Applebee’s on the company!
16. Reese’s pieces!
17. Boss bringing in breakfast from Chick-fil-a. (Yum!)
18. Laughing with friends at work.
19. Coming home to my son making dinner so I don’t have to.
20. Spending a restful evening on the couch hanging out with my boy.One Word 365, Only a Breath, and A Holy Experience.