From Jesus Calling – Sarah Young
If you believe that I am sovereign over every aspect of your life, it is possible to trust Me in all situations. Don’t waste energy regretting the way things are or thinking about what might have been. Start at the present moment – accepting things exactly as they are – and search for My way in the midst of those circumstances.
This one came via @jonacuff:
Another came in an email devotional from Proverbs 31 titled A Fresh Start, which included these AWESOME thoughts:
The word forgive has different meanings in Scripture, and one of them is kaphar. That’s a Greek word meaning to purge or pitch. It originates from the Hebrew word for atonement, which means to cleanse or cover.
Why is this meaning so important?
By beginning the process of forgiving, I was purging or pitching the entanglements of the past in order to begin anew. . .
The kaphar gift of forgiveness offers the opportunity for new chapters . . . and a fresh slate upon which the words can be penned.
No regrets. No looking back. No dwelling on the past.
No worries. No anxiety. No fear of the future.
Embrace the present. Look for the blessings. Expect miracles. Search for Him in all circumstances.
So be it.
My 1000 Gifts in 2013
31. Surprising discoveries
32. Chance meetings
33. Weekend outings
34. Being trusted to do important jobs
35. Hanging out with my home group family
36. Silly antics of crazy dogs
37. Getting rid of old things and bringing in NEW things
38. Refreshingly crisp, cold fruit
39. Sinking into my soft, warm, comfy bed after a long work day.
40. A boss who is understanding and supportive of me as a single mom
41. Finding out there wasn’t anything wrong with my car, and my mechanic not charging me to check it out
42. An invitation extended and the courage to accept it
43. Comfortable periods of both conversation and silence
44. Respect given, resulting in respect earned
45. Feeling SEENOne Word 365, Only a Breath, Hello Hue, and A Holy Experience.