Five minutes of writing on a word prompt give by Lisa Jo Baker over here.
Unscripted. Unedited. Real.
Are you ready
REST . . .
Absence of: Anxiety. Worry. Stress. Discontentment. Strife. Anger. Dissatisfaction. Insecurity. Fear. Loneliness.
If there is one thing I have learned over the past year, is that true REST – the deep-down-in-my-soul rest that I yearn for – is only found in the Presence of God. He alone can always give me rest, no matter what circumstances I find myself trapped in.
He has also given me rest by bringing people into my life with whom I can be – and I mean really be – myself and who make me feel like I am wrapped in a warm blanket just by talking to or chatting with them.
Even when life all around me is crazy, I can find rest in knowing that my God is in control, and is working all things – ALL THINGS – for my good.
Find rest my soul . . .
In Christ alone . . .
Wanna play? Here’s how:
1. Write for 5 minutes flat – no editing, no over thinking, no backtracking.
2. Link back here and invite others to join in.
3. And then absolutely, no ifs, ands or buts about it, you need to visit the person who linked up before you & encourage them in their comments.
- Rest for your Souls (savedbygraceblogdotcom.wordpress.com)
- Five Minute Friday: Rest (sheensteve.wordpress.com)
- Take Care of You (savedsister7.blogspot.com/)
- Five Minute Friday: Rest (narrowpathstohigherplaces.com)