Five minutes of writing on a word prompt give by Lisa Jo Baker over here.
Unscripted. Unedited. Real.
Are you ready
REMEMBER. . .
All throughout the His Word, God calls us to remember the commands He has given and the things He has done to rescue and restore His people. Repeatedly He tells us to not forget what he has done. To remember the works of His hands. To remember how He rescued His people from slavery in Egypt, from slavery in Persia, from slavery to sin.
Over and over and over.
He knows how much we need to be reminded of His faithfulness and goodness when times are dark and we feel held captive.
He also knows how much we need to be reminded of those same things when times are shiny and we feel less like we need Him in order to breathe.
We ALWAYS need to remember that everything – ALL things, both good and bad – come through His hands to us.
And when we REMEMBER that nothing gets to us that He has not approved, then we can also remember His promises given over and over and over in His Word to make beauty from our ashes, restore the joy of our salvation, and renew our strength.
And I will remember that He – the God of the universe – promises to remember me. Amazing.
11 You who fear the Lord, trust in the Lord!
He is their help and shield.
12 The Lord remembers us and will bless us.
He will bless the house of Israel;
He will bless the house of Aaron;
13 He will bless those who fear the Lord—
small and great alike.
23 He remembered us in our humiliation
His love is eternal.
Wanna play? Here’s how:
1. Write for 5 minutes flat – no editing, no over thinking, no backtracking.
2. Link back here and invite others to join in.
3. And then absolutely, no ifs, ands or buts about it, you need to visit the person who linked up before you & encourage them in their comments.
- Remember ( A Five Minute Friday Post) (adelineohvelarde.wordpress.com)
- Five Minute Friday: He REMEMBERS Me! (writingcanvas.wordpress.com)
- 5 Minute Friday: Prompt: Remember (jennspeacornpopnuts.com)
- Five Minute Friday (missindeedy.com)
- Remember Love Most of All (juliejordanscott.typepad.com)