I spent the last half of 2012 immersed in scriptures, studies, and devotionals focusing on healing and restoration after heartbreak. I’m not sure how I would have made it through that time period without Trusting God in Times of Adversity (Kay Arthur’s study on Job), Streams in the Desert, Jesus Calling, Beth Moore’s Praying God’s Word Day-by-Day devotional, and DivorceCare. But as 2013 started, I was ready for another kind of devotional study that focused on renewal and moving forward after healing. And I honestly couldn’t find that much out there.
When I was recently at Sam’s Club (that seems to be my go-to place to pick up Bible studies), a study by Women of Faith called “A Time for Everything: Discovering the Beautiful Rhythms of Life” caught my eye. I flipped to the table of contents, and knew I had found the study I had been craving.
It is divided into two sections called “Right on Time” and “Finding God in Every Season of Life.”
The chapters are:
- A Time for Everything: Spring and Summer, Winter and Fall
- A Time for New Beginnings: Called to Something Fresh
- A Time for Necessary Endings: Leaving Behind the Familiar
- A Time to Transition: The Importance of Change
- A Time to Heal: Hope for the Wounded
- A Time to Reassess: Breaking Down and Building Up
- A Time to Remain Faithful: Continuing Through Hardship
- A Time for Fruitfulness and Replenishment: Gathering and Scattering
- A Time for Resolutions: Following Through
- A Time for Silence and Speaking: The Value of Knowing the Difference
- A Time for Love: Reaching Out to Others
- A Time to Trust: Faith in God’s Faithfulness
To say that I am really excited about starting this is an UNDERSTATEMENT. I am exactly smack in the middle of a huge life change right now. My old life has ended, and my NEW one is beginning.
I want the next 18 years to be SO MUCH BETTER than the last.
And I want the ME in the next 18 years to be so much better than the me of the past, too.