Today is the FIRST DAY OF SUMMER! Yay!
I’ve been logging my 1000 gifts regularly in my journal, but haven’t always posted them here. Partly due to time. Partly due to private things that I don’t want to discuss publicly. So I sort of have two lists going right now. One public, and one more private just for me.
And I’ve been less diligent about doing blog posts on the “public” ones, sort of relying more on tweets and Facebook posts, etc., for those.
Since today is THE FIRST DAY OF SUMMER!!!!
I thought it would be appropriate to list all the things I love about summer. 🙂
177. Longer days
178. Cookouts with friends
179. Summer blockbuster movies
180. Lightning bugs (or fireflies for those of you outside the South)
181. Magnolias in bloom
182. Early morning jogs
183. Farmers’ markets
184. Garden fresh veggies
185. Main Street festivals
186. Fourth of July fireworks
187. Red-checked tablecloths
188. Hot dogs
189. Visits from family
190. Summer camps
191. Going to the lake
193. Outdoor concerts
195. Walking in a park
196. Washing the car in the driveway
197. Bathing the dogs outside
198. Playing with the water hose
199. County fairs
200. Sitting on the front porch in the early morning or late at night with good book and a cup of coffee (iced or hot!)