Five minutes of writing on a word prompt give by Lisa Jo Baker over here.
Unscripted. Unedited. Real.
Are you ready?
LAST . . .
Last year I might have written this post from a place of defeat and focused on being left by those I trusted.
Not this year.
This year the words that come to mind when I meditate on the word ‘last’ are:
Prior to last year I built my life around people and things that were not meant to last. They were incapable of lasting because they were not rooted in the One who lasts. You can’t grow with, depend on, or cling to someone who has no roots.
Deep roots make things last.
I want to be deeply rooted in God. I want to surround myself with others who are also deeply rooted in God. Deep roots can weather storms.
Deep roots in God are the key to marriages that last.
Deep roots in God are the key to friendships that last.
Deep roots in God are the key to people that last.
Deep roots in God are the key to legacies that last.
Wanna play? Here’s how:
1. Write for 5 minutes flat – no editing, no over thinking, no backtracking.
2. Link back here and invite others to join in.
3. And then absolutely, no ifs, ands or buts about it, you need to visit the person who linked up before you & encourage them in their comments.
- Five Minute Friday: Last (jesussavingmefromme.wordpress.com)
- Five Minute Friday – Last (studentaccountant.wordpress.com)
- Five Minute Friday: Last (twentyfiveseasons.com)
- Five Minute Friday: Last (aboardtheafricamercy.wordpress.com)
- Five Minute Friday: Last (got5onit.wordpress.com)